Cycling Terminology

If you're not much of a cyclist and don't have a clue what I'm going on about but still wanna have a read, check out the link. Just click where it says "Cycling Terms". It tells you what all those words mean that you don't know.
Chur

Saturday 14 April 2012

Boomchakalaka

A wise man once gave me some advice on doing something new. He said, the first time you try something, you will be pretty useless. The second time you do it you will show a big improvement. And the third time you do it, you will be worse than the first you tried it because you’re over confident. I wish I listened to that guy.
Woke up this morning feeling like superman, pretty confident after making the front group in both of my first 2 kermesses. So decided I’d step it up a notch and go for a win. I put on the race wheels and went into the race backing myself 100%. 
The circuit didn’t look too hard and the wind was just a breeze at the start/finish so I predicted the race would stick together for at least a few laps. I was totally wrong. The pace went on straight away and I found myself too far back. On the first cross wind section the race blew apart. I ended up in the second group on the road. In an attempt to make the front group I attacked and put myself right into the red zone, didn’t manage to bridge it and ended up almost right at the back of the race after not being able to recover.
So in the end I ended up riding almost the entire race in a bunch of 4, with 2 of us lapping (the other guy was a huge rig, he made Clinton Avery look like a little boy). We were the 4th bunch of the road and ended up sprinting for 31st. I came in 32nd after the big man rolled me.
Matt was our top rider finishing in 18th as part of the third group on the road.
So lesson learnt and as my good mate Katy Perry tells me, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. But I did come away making a profit of 5 Euro! I love you Belgium.
Cheers Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment