Cycling Terminology

If you're not much of a cyclist and don't have a clue what I'm going on about but still wanna have a read, check out the link. Just click where it says "Cycling Terms". It tells you what all those words mean that you don't know.
Chur

Sunday 17 April 2011

Heartbreak of Brunner

After a few sketchy moments (for both Tasman Glass vehicles) the team all made it safe and sound to our Greymouth motel on Saturday night. Weather was looking pretty good so I thought it might hold off for the race. But being Grewymouth, it went to shit. The race was pretty cold and wet but a big thanks to Aaron from Tasman Glass for providing a Tineli rainamn to every Tasman Glass rider before the race. So anyway, only Dave and I were there to ride the elite grade while the former human stick, and DK rode down a grade to help out Aaron, Scotty and Muzza.

So Dave and I rolled up to the start line and decided we'd check out the finish cos I'd heard it was a bit sketchy. So we checked it out and went to cross the tracks when Dave nearly stacked it cos of the wet. I was backing myself for the race as I know I'm riding strong at the moment. But when the race started the pace wasn't too shabby and I had nothing In the legs. They didn't fire until about the 30k mark which had me worried so I sat in while Dave occupied the front of the race. Unfortunately that was my mistake as I only saw a couple of riders up the road when there were actually about 7.

About this time some shitkicker had a go at me for "using my brakes to much" and was swearing his head off so I gave him a lil piece of my mind. (In the end I think the guy lost 15 mins to the bunch). Finally when my legs came right the break was pulling away up to a time of over 3 mins. By then we were screwed, all the teams had riders in the break except for us. So i pulled laps and put in a few small attacks in to keep the bunch moving but noone was commiting to a chase so there was nothing left to ride for. In the last 20km I kept making moves trying to see if anyone would come but I was running out of steam and ended up having to settle for bunch time.

It was hard to see riders get into the break that I know I can beat so it was a pretty disappointing result really but I think every time I lose I end up taking away more experience and learning better lessons than if I win so in that aspect it's all gonna count long term.

Anyway, this is turning into a bit of a novel. Check out the results here.
http://tiktok.biz/list/aroundbrunner/2011/elite/

Peace out

1 comment:

  1. great sharn T.A, rate you grilling booters who get in your grill, classic K rex move there.

    keep it tight in tour de lakes.

    ReplyDelete